Saturday, January 24, 2009

Where did the time go...and other ramblings

Wow--last published on October 13th? Holy cow. That was AGES ago! Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's have all gone by with nary a word from me. Do I try to make them up or just pretend they never happened this year?

So, I'm sitting here finishing up a transcript and smelling dinner being fixed in the kitchen by my husband of now 30 years. The kids are both out of the house right now; it's just the two of us. Mmmm, smells good. So he finishes cooking, gathers up the plate(s) of food, and proceeds to walk past me in the living room and goes into the bedroom to eat while he watches TV! Why does no one in this house ever think of making dinner for ME?

There is excitement in the air around here, for it's only 25 more days until our Jonathan returns home from his mission. He will have been gone for 2 years and 5 days--735 days total.

I've had a couple dreams about his homecoming lately, and the one I had last night was verrrrry strange. It was almost time to go to the airport, but we hadn't checked the video camera to see if it was charged or even still working, for that matter. We also had no balloons or signs to hold! Oh, he was going to feel very cheated. As we went into the airport, out came Jonathan with some other people, and he was wearing the clothes of a "hippie" of the 1960s. He motioned to us that we should pretend not to know him. The next thing I knew he was in his regular clothes and we're welcoming him home. But he wouldn't even hug me. I was so sad. Must have been because we didn't have those balloons and signs.

So, I guess last night's dream was a warning to me. Make sure that camera battery is charged, buy balloons, and make posters in plenty of time to get to the airport!

I guess I'd better get busy and post about some of those other things I mentioned earlier. This isn't really that hard!

No comments: