Friday, September 26, 2008

Random things

Well, I guess I've finally decided that my posts don't have to necessarily be soul-searching, deep-thinking, heart-wrenching posts. So this will be just a collection of random things.

Jessica is sick again. Last month it was strep throat. This month it's mono! When I was a kid nobody got mono unless they were one of those known "loose" girls. It's not called the "kissing disease" for nothing, you know! But my daughter assured the doctor that she has not been kissing anyone, and I believe her. She's only 13 and not into all that yet. So since mono is a virus, there's nothing we can do to treat it but wait it out and try to get her to go to bed earlier at night. Poor Jessica.

And what happened to my Tigers this year? Last Spring everyone was predicting that they would have the best team to play the game in many a year. They had all their big hitters back from last year, including the American League's Batting Champ, Magglio Ordonez, and the new guy they fought hard to get and promised the BIG bucks to, Miguel Cabrera. All the makings of a World Series championship team. And now here it is with only 2 or 3 games left in the season and they're what? How many games below .500??

A disappointing season for sure, but after all that--they're still all "my" Tigers!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I can't comment on the Tigers since I don't follow baseball, but if you want to talk about hockey, then I'm your girl. haha.

Hope Jessica is getting over the mono now. Bummer. Maybe all the sickies are behind her now and she can be ill-free for the rest of the school year! Wishful thinking maybe huh? Darn.