I was laying in bed at about 4 a.m. this morning listening to the howling wind when it hit me. Another one of those tender mercies that my Heavenly Father has bestowed on me and my family.
I apologize to anyone who has been disappointed in the prolonged January thaw we've experienced this year, closing down the Winter Sports Complex here in town, etc. But I see now that it was a personal blessing for us! How many other Januarys have we had three weeks of moderate, above normal temperatures with little to no precipitation? No heavy winds to contend with? No one ventures out much in January in Michigan--certainly not to move nearly 20 years' worth of belongings, not to mention the excess "stuff" we had in storage because of John's line of work.
My heart was filled with gratitude as I realized--once again--that my Heavenly Father knows us personally, he knows our wants and our needs, and he wants to bless us. Some day maybe I will write about the series of small miracles that all in one day led us to the beautiful place we now call home. It is all still such a tender spot in my heart.
"I know my Father lives
And loves me, too.
The Spirit whispers this to me
And tells me it is true.
And tells me it is true.
He sent me here to earth
By faith to live His plan.
The Spirit whispers this to me
And tells me that I can.
And tells me that I can."
2 comments:
I love those realizations. It's too bad we don't recognize them when we're in the middle of them and they seem like burdens (though I can't imagine mellow weather in January in Michigan being a burden). :)
I love it too. As I get older, I am more aware of those blessings that account for so much. Where as when I was young, I might fluff them off a bit.
I'd love to hear more about the blessings you've received recently! Blog a way! I also want to come visit the new house with heated floors! (Lucky!)
Post a Comment