So for some reason I really like to go blog surfing. I don't know why, because it usually ends up depressing me, all the cute little blogs by the cute little moms full of pictures of their cute little husbands and kids and all the cute little crafts they can do. I've mentioned this before, but I miss my little ones! My kids are all getting so OLD and not so much fun in lots of ways...but awesome in other ways, I'll admit.
I just spent 4 days down in Lafayette with Jake and Marie and the 3 girls, trying to be of some help to Marie in her last few weeks of being pregnant with the twins. Getting the girls fed and dressed in the mornings, driving Isabelle to school, putting Nikki and Emmy down for naps, up and down the stairs, changing diapers, getting Isabelle off the bus, dinner time. And then bed time--that's another story! Add to that trying to keep up a house, doing laundry, and doing activities with the kids and no wonder she needs some help.
The babies are due some time towards the end of April and the doctor says she sees no reason why Marie shouldn't be able to go at least 38 or 39 weeks. No good reason? How about she just needs them out! I'll be "on call" for whenever they need me. The real trial will come in a couple of months when Jake has to go back to San Diego for the summer to work. What will Marie do at home with a 5-year-old, a 3-year-old, a 2-year-old, and newborn twins???
3 comments:
WoW! Twins? That is crazy! I would be begging mom for help! I hope you get to go out again when they come!
And I totally understand about the "blogger envy" (that's what I call it). I get that way too when I surf other people's blogs too much. But we all have our different talents.
I can't even imagine twins, let alone twins with all the other kids! And with your son going to San Diego? Your daughter-in-law is far stronger than I am!
The way I see it, with all the bloggy stuff, there's a time and a season for everything. I have found that I just need to do what makes me happy (which at the moment is sewing) and forget about everyone else. I'm not funny or inspiring, but I do enjoy sewing. At the moment, at least. :) And I would LOVE to make something for Jessica! Have any ideas?
Wow, what a nice offer, Rachel. I can't really think of anything! Now if you were into jewelry--like Caity, haha--I would have all kinds of ideas. :)
Actually, I wish you were HERE because Jessica picked out a pattern and some material to make a skirt for a PP project, but I don't even own a sewing machine!
Post a Comment