I love reading when other people post new news on their blogs but hate doing it myself. Ah well, nobody reads mine anyway so no reason to beat myself up about it, right? I've finally figured out that I have two gmail accounts and in order to function on this blog I have to use the one I never go to. Apparently there's no way possible to fix this, so I'll have to get in the habit of going to that other one whenever I so much as want to comment on somebody's blog. What a pain.
So I guesstimate I've been in Young Women for about a year now, and what happens? I get a call from a stake high councilman with a calling from the stake to teach early morning Seminary. Are you sure you've got the right Viraldo? The correct gender? I am SO not a morning person! Strange as it may seem, getting up in the mornings is the thing I'm most worried about.
What about my bed head?
I've been working on memorizing 'The Living Christ' for my YW Faith Value Project in Personal Progress. What a powerful testimony! I pretty much have it memorized (with much help from above) and 'passed it off' to Jessica the other night. She seemed proud of her old mom. I plan to try to go over it often so as not to lose it after all that work.
Now I'm beginning to work on memorizing the Scripture Mastery from Joseph Smith History, something like verses 6 through 11. Bishop W has issued a challenge to all Seminary students to memorize it by the end of August. By passing it off to him by then, they can earn a bowling party with ice cream. It's the longest Scripture Mastery in the whole Seminary program, and I've decided to take the challenge also. I'm actually enjoying all of this memorizing and look forward to working on it every night before bed.
Aren't there statistics out there about how memorizing does amazing things for your brain and can save one from suffering the effects of Alzheimers or something like that?
I am totally counting on it.
So I guesstimate I've been in Young Women for about a year now, and what happens? I get a call from a stake high councilman with a calling from the stake to teach early morning Seminary. Are you sure you've got the right Viraldo? The correct gender? I am SO not a morning person! Strange as it may seem, getting up in the mornings is the thing I'm most worried about.
What about my bed head?
I've been working on memorizing 'The Living Christ' for my YW Faith Value Project in Personal Progress. What a powerful testimony! I pretty much have it memorized (with much help from above) and 'passed it off' to Jessica the other night. She seemed proud of her old mom. I plan to try to go over it often so as not to lose it after all that work.
Now I'm beginning to work on memorizing the Scripture Mastery from Joseph Smith History, something like verses 6 through 11. Bishop W has issued a challenge to all Seminary students to memorize it by the end of August. By passing it off to him by then, they can earn a bowling party with ice cream. It's the longest Scripture Mastery in the whole Seminary program, and I've decided to take the challenge also. I'm actually enjoying all of this memorizing and look forward to working on it every night before bed.
Aren't there statistics out there about how memorizing does amazing things for your brain and can save one from suffering the effects of Alzheimers or something like that?
I am totally counting on it.
4 comments:
I read your blog! Happy to see you posting. Glad you figured out the double account thing AND figured out how to add a button to your blog! Good job!
Ooh, what an exciting new calling! And I'm impressed with your efforts to memorize that wonderful testimony of Christ...I'm going to put that on my to do list as well!
Looking forward to spending September with you!! -Jocelyn
I stand corrected. That looooong scripture mastery is Joseph Smith History 1:15-20. And I DO have it memorized. So now I get to go to the Bishop's bowling and ice cream party!
Hi! I just wanted to tell you, because I haven't lately, that I am really, truly, honestly grateful that you're my friend. Thanks :)
AND I had no idea you'd memorized "The Living Christ!" That is a marvelous accomplishment.
Now, since I loved reading your blog, should I go post on my own? :)
Post a Comment