Jessica brought it up to me the other day. I didn't take her picture on the first day of school. I had actually remembered about it a couple days before and felt soooo bad that I didn't want to say anything to her about it. What kind of mother misses taking a picture of her kids as they go off to that first day of a new school year? Not this one. I had never, ever missed the chance to document that special day with a picture in the history of the lives of all six of my kids. I have many pictures of smiles of excitement and/or nervousness, frowns, just plain sleepiness,
and that "how dare you take my picture" look--all of it.
But somehow I missed it this year.
I blame it on Seminary. Who is thinking about taking pictures before it's even 6:00 in the morning? It's too early and it's pitch dark and you're rushing out the door.
So this morning I noticed that she was wearing the same shirt she wore on that first day, two weeks ago now. So I ran to get the camera and coaxed a sleepy smile out of her.
I told her that we'll just pretend that it's her first day of 10th grade.
and that "how dare you take my picture" look--all of it.
But somehow I missed it this year.
I blame it on Seminary. Who is thinking about taking pictures before it's even 6:00 in the morning? It's too early and it's pitch dark and you're rushing out the door.
So this morning I noticed that she was wearing the same shirt she wore on that first day, two weeks ago now. So I ran to get the camera and coaxed a sleepy smile out of her.
I told her that we'll just pretend that it's her first day of 10th grade.
1 comment:
What a good sport! Happy "First Day" of 10th Grade! LOL :)
Post a Comment