Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Summer's Over

The kids have been back to school now for a month. The leaves are turning and it's definitely getting colder and rainier. Oh, how I'm already missing summer!

We didn't have a very warm summer this year, didn't spend very many days and evenings at the lake. The only pictures I have are of Labor Day weekend when we took the grandchildren to Duck Lake channel, the perfect spot for little ones. The water was kind of chilly, but they had a wonderful time.



I sure wish I hadn't let the summer fly by so quickly without more pictures to document it. It's so beautiful here. We have so many beautiful natural resources. I love living in this area and just hope things start picking up here soon so we can stay!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

You are not allowed to go anywhere else!!!!!

I agree that summer was a bit chilly, but I personally like it that way. I'm not much for summer for some reason. Although I do like sitting on the beach in the evenings looking at the stars. I agree we have such beauty around here. So lucky. I keep reminding the kids of this so that they try not to take it for granted.

Please tell me you aren't thinking of moving?!